Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weekend in Pleasanton




We had not been back to Pleasanton since Thanksgiving so a trip was definitely in order! We went down on a Thursday night late after debating for 2 hours whether or not we were going to go then or wait until early Friday morning. It was an interesting night to say the least because when we got there Cooper got his second wind and was so excited to see Nana and Papa that we were up with him until 2:30!! I was so exhausted the next day but I had to take Daniel in to San Antonio for work so I quickly made my trek up there and back before lunchtime.

Amy and Layton came over that afternoon and it was so cute to see Cooper and his cousin Layton. They were both so excited to see each other.....they will probably be best friends just like their dads! We had a pretty relaxing evening which was good because I knew Saturday would be a busy day. Amy planned a craft/sewing day for her, I, and our good friend Juli. Tricia came along to lend her sewing expertise because we were going to be making pillowcase dresses for Kyleigh. I enjoyed the day so much because I never get to see Amy and Juli anymore and it was nice to just enjoy a quiet day with my girlfriends just talking and catching up.

That evening Jim and Tricia cooked a wonderful meal with tamales, rice, beans, and chips & salsa. I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that I just joined a gym in Bryan and am going through an intense fitness coaching over the next 3 months. Needless to say, this had been my first week of coaching before we went to Pleasanton and I was rather sore to say the least. It also didn't help that I knew in going to Pleasanton that there would be plenty of good food to eat so I had to prepare myself to cut back and watch my portion control. I gotta get in shape for the Caribbean cruise that we are going on in April with Amy, Clifton, and our good friends Chad & Kellie. We had such a great time in Pleasanton and I look forward to visiting again soon!

PS....I apologize for the lack of pictures but I was too busy having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment