Sunday, February 27, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011








Valentine's Day kind of takes on a new meaning once you have children. I remember as a teenager and even as a college student the anticipation of Valentine's Day and how exciting it was especially if you had someone special to share it with. As a woman, you wait to see if you will get flowers or maybe some yummy chocolate....maybe a gift of some kind or a beautiful card. You then wait to see if your special someone will take you out on a date somewhere romantic. I have experienced all these things and more over the years but for some reason it all seems trivial once you have children and you are able to share the "love" holiday with them.

The weekend before Valentine's Day, the Nikon school put on a class at the Renaissance Hotel in Houston. I found out about the class through Jim and after finding out that there was a class in Houston I asked Amy if maybe she wanted to go with me and they could make a little weekend getaway out of it and bring the whole family. Daniel and Clifton stayed with the kids at our house and Amy and I traveled to Houston early Saturday morning and also Sunday morning. The class was so informative and I learned a lot but now I have to find the time to put my knowledge to use! I really want to be a better photographer of my kids and also a better photographer on our vacations that we take. We have one coming up in a few weeks and so I am running out of time to get better! We had such a fun weekend hanging out with them and can't wait for them to come back and visit soon!


We had a great day on Valentine's Day and didn't do much at all.....just hung out as a family. I did wake to find some beautiful flowers and probably the best card I've ever gotten in our 10 years together. It truly summed up our life in just a few short words. Since moving to College Station we have found a fabulous babysitter in a girl from home, Alex. The kids love her and so we decided to ask her to come over that Tuesday night after Valentine's Day and watch the kids so we could enjoy a nice dinner. We went to Atami, a Japanese hibachi restaurant, and it was ah-mazing! I love that style of cooking and atmosphere and I even tried sushi for the first time....not bad!

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I can only hope that my children find their special someone's someday to share this special day and be able to enjoy it as much as their Dad and I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment