Sunday, February 27, 2011

Trip Home to Winnsboro....





Normally I would be excited to post about going home to visit my family but this post is a little different. Daniel had a work conference in San Antonio the end of the week after Valentine's Day and so he planned on taking Cooper with him and letting him visit his Nana and Papa for a couple of days while I went north to visit my family and take Kyleigh to see her MiMi and Pop. I planned to leave early Wednesday morning about the same time as Daniel left for San Antonio. The day before I left to go, I got some terrible news that I definitely was not expecting. Daniel came home around 9:30 Tuesday morning to tell me that my uncle had taken his life that day before. It sort of hit me like a ton of bricks and I still think today that I haven't quite been able to process it.

I am one of those people I guess that thinks that something like that would never happen to someone I know. I guess I kind of always took for granted that I would see him again even though I haven't seen him in several years. If I have learned anything from this situation and if there is anything that I would want others to know its that we should cherish every day that we have with our loved ones. God never guaranteed that we would see tomorrow and so we need to live for today. Make today count and let everything else take care of itself. Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you every day. Spend quality time with your family. I feel like it's more about Quality rather than Quantity. We are such busy people these days and so even if we only have a couple of minutes to spend with that loved one MAKE IT COUNT. I decided to include a couple of pictures that just made me smile from this trip and also as a reminder of how important it is to make each day count and love on your family every chance you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment