Friday, February 4, 2011

A Short Trip to Houston






Last weekend, Amy, Tricia, & Layton came to visit Amanda, Jerrod, Carter, & Laura in Houston to celebrate Amanda's marathon and her's and Carter's birthdays. We were supposed to go as a family to eat with everyone on Saturday night but neither one of the kids were feeling very well and so Daniel suggested that I go on ahead and shop with the girls and if they were feeling up to it later on in the day that he would come over with the kids to eat. Needless to say they continued on the downward side of being ill.

I went ahead and went over to Houston to shop with the girls because hey lets face it...I love to shop and what better place to shop than in Houston! I love our close proximity to the city (can't say that Daniel agrees with me nor does his pocketbook...hehe). I had such a great time hanging out with everyone but I felt so terrible for my little buddy, Layton. He wasn't feeling well at all and so he wasn't up to his normal hilarious self. Amy decided to stay at Amanda's apartment with him instead of going out to eat with everyone so I decided that since I don't get to see them very often I would stay with them and go and get us something yummy to eat to go.

After they finished dinner they all headed back to the apartment and we had some to-die-for cupcakes that Laura and Carter brought from Crave. Cupcakes are kind of my weakness and I'd rather have cupcakes that any other sweet any day of the week! I didn't make it home until around 11:30 but it was such a great day spent with family! I even brought home a couple of surprises for the kids from their Nana.....a new GiGi for Cooper and a new purple GiGi for Kyleigh! Kyleigh LOVES her GiGi and Cooper likes his as well but I must say that I find it hilarious that he calls it the "new GiGi" and his old, ratty one the "real GiGi".....hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment