Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Snowing!

A "Before" shot

Before

After

After

After

A view down our street early Friday morning


Cooper seeing snow for the first time




So, everyone knows how it goes with meterologists on television (and in Texas no doubt)..... " Tomorrow's high will be a bone-chilling 42 degrees " lol.... No really they have been forecasting snow for the greater B/CS area all week long and I was more than skeptical that it would actually come to fruition. They said it would probably start sometime around 12 midnight Thursday evening.

Well for those of you that know me well, I have a long line of family insomnia (love you Daddy) and I pray that it doesn't reach my children. So, since I was all ready awake I decided to take a peak around 12 or so.....there it was! Beautiful, glistening, white snow falling to the ground in huge flakes no less. They were right for once! I, of course, being the crazy photog that I can be sometimes, had to slip out quietly to take some "before" pictures. I knew if this was starting now and not looking to let up anytime soon that I would have some wonderful "after" pictures by morning. I had to sit for just a moment while I was outside and enjoy the peaceful quiet and cool feeling of the snow hitting my face.....and then I woke up and realized that if I didn't hurry my hiney up, frostbite would be setting in...lol

This was Cooper's first time to see snow so this was a momentous occasion for him as well! When he woke up, he looked out the window and we (Daniel got to take a snow day....yayyy!) asked him if he could see the snow outside and he said "I see the snow"! in his cheerful, toddler-like voice. He was mesmerized by the blanket of white that covered everything around our house. I couldn't wait to take him outside to crunch in it a bit, but I quickly realized that living in Texas (and especially living in South Texas for the better part of the last 5 years) doesn't quite prepare you, in terms of attire, for weather like this. I improvised and decided to leave Cooper in his fleece pajamas and put windpants over the bottom, a vest over top and then his coat over all that....and also a hat & mittens. He looked a little like a small Santa Claus and I did have to pick him up once or twice because he fell over from the weight of his clothes....lol We had such a fun time playing outside even if it did only last all of 2 or 3 minutes......

We also had a great time just hanging out as a family....I love when we have 3 day weekends and can enjoy each other's company one extra day. We decided it would be fun to watch a couple of old DVDs of an engagement video shot by Jim and also our DVD of the wedding festivities. It was so neat to watch Cooper point out each person and tell us who they were. He even pointed at a picture of me as a baby and said, "Kyleigh"? I think it is so important to pull out those old memories every now and then because it makes you realize what's important in life and to forget the small stuff.....God has been so good to our family and has blessed us immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment