Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kids Decorating and Santa's Wonderland






As you all probably all ready noticing, we had a very VERY busy December. I normally put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving and this year it just didn't seem to work out. I had the tree out around that time but it was definitely not decorated until a few weeks later. I have to say that part of me enjoyed just having the beautiful lit tree out even with no decorations. I love Christmas and sometimes it's the simple things that really make the holiday special.

We enjoyed decorating the tree this year with a little help from our little people. I have to say that this is a big deal for me to relinquish my tree over to others because it's something I take a lot of time doing and I like for it to be just perfect. I know that it sounds a little crazy and sort of neurotic but it's just me...what can I say? I really enjoyed getting to watch the kids get excited about getting the ornaments out and putting them on the tree and we had a relatively easy time keeping them from completely demolishing the work after it was finished. The best part I think was seeing them covered in glitter after it was all done.....I probably could've chosen something a little less messy to work with don't you think?

The Thursday night before the week of Christmas we took the kids through Santa's Wonderland here in College Station. It's a huge display with over 1 million lights that you can drive through. It's something I really wanted to do last year but we just never got around to doing it during one of their off-peak nights. Those are the only times you can drive your own car through. We caught it this year just 2 days before the peak nights started and we had a great time even if the kids don't quite get the whole magic of lights at Christmastime. I know one day they will remember it and I hope that we can keep the tradition going each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment