Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 2011 at Home




Saturday, on Christmas Eve, we enjoyed an awesome lunch in Pleasanton and then headed back to College Station. My parents, grandparents, and my brother came in that night to enjoy Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after. We went to Christmas Eve service at our church and it was beautiful. I especially love to attend services on Christmas because there is so much joy in the air it seems like just celebrating Jesus's birth and the season. We didn't plan dinner too well that night and the only thing open was Dominos so we enjoyed some pizza after the services were over.

The next day I had a big lunch planned of brisket, potato salad, Daniel's famous beans, and for dessert some of Jim's leftover Milky Way Pie (YUM). We had a really lazy morning just enjoying the kids opening their gifts and playing with all their new toys. We enjoyed watching a movie that afternoon while the kids were napping and then we had some visitors later that evening to end out a really fun day.

The next day as much as I wasn't ready to, everyone helped take down my Christmas decorations , and my mom and I did a little after Christmas shopping. We were able to find some great deals on organization stuff for the playroom (which I am SO glad I cleaned out before Christmas because it is overflowing once more with all the new gifts) and some other fun goodies for ourselves. I'm so glad that we were able to enjoy this time with ALL of our family and I hope that we can continue to do it this way every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment