Friday, May 27, 2011

Kyleigh's 1 year Well Check-Up

I took Kyleigh to see Dr. Sullivan today for her 1 year well check-up. Here are her stats:

Weight: 22.4 lbs (75th percentile)
Length: 31 1/4 in (98th percentile)

I had no idea she was so tall! I guess she gets that from her daddy :) The doctor was very pleased with her growth and development. She is talking more and more these days saying Mama and Dada and also waving at everyone she sees and saying BaBye in the sweetest little high pitched voice I've ever heard! We also discussed taking her off of her formula and completely switching to whole milk. I have been trying to introduce milk to her but she has continually made sour faces at me when I give it to her. What I had not thought of that the doctor mentioned is warming it a bit in the microwave...yuck. Kyleigh is so used to having her bottles at room temperature that it didn't occur to me that she may just not like the temperature of the milk and not the taste. SO this evening I decided to try again and this time I warmed it for about 10 seconds in the microwave. EUREKA! It seemed to do the trick because she drank almost a whole sippy cup of milk! She also enjoyed eating some turkey and cheese I had from the deli. I suppose the just decided that today was the day she was ready to eat table food and drink milk. I should've known she had a mind of her own......she's my child right?

No comments:

Post a Comment