Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day 2011




This year for Mother's Day, we went to visit my family in Winnsboro. Mom's birthday was the Saturday before so we decided to make a weekend out of it and get two celebrations in one! I always feel like I miss out on holidays with my family so I try to get up there every chance I get. We had such a great time and I got to eat at all my favorite places. This was my first mother's day with 2 children and I must say it was the greatest so far! I got 2 wonderful cards from the hubby and then from my sweet kiddos.

I hate to get on my soapbox during such a nice post but I just have some things to say about the word "mom". I sometimes believe that being a mom is the most underappreciated job there is. "Mom" means being a cook, maid, scavenger hunt leader, mender of booboo's, child police, and so many many more. A mother's work is never done. When I go to bed at night after a long day of chasing around 2 kids under the age of 3, you would think that I would immediate fall asleep, right? Not so much.....and no it's not just because of my insomnia problem. It's also because I lie awake thinking about the next day....what will we do? what will we eat? what, if any, appointments do we have for the day? It never ends..... I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all the mothers in my life, including all my mommy friends. Just know that I appreciate you and I know how hard it is sometimes to keep it all together. I love each and every one of you and appreciate the influence you have had in my life. I wouldn't be the mother I am today without you!

I would also like to thank my children. Without you I would not even BE a mother. You both mean everything to me and you continue to amaze me each day with the new things you discover and learn. I hope that each Mother's Day we celebrate after this one is just as meaningful and memorable as the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment