Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mom/Son Speedway Spectacular

Every year The Brazos County Children's Museum hosts a Mom/Son event held at Texas World Speedway.  I really wanted to take Cooper to this last year but it just didn't work out with other plans we had made.  I was so excited this year that we would be in town and I would be able to take him.  This was of course before we all got sick but luckily I braved through a couple of hours and he had a terrific time.  They were supposed to have a race of some kind but had to cancel due to weather restraints.  I was a little worried that the rain might spoil the whole event but we were so fortunate that it held off until later in the evening.









They had race cars for the kids to get in and pretend to drive, limo rides around the track, firetrucks, ambulances, bounce houses, remote control cars, reptiles, etc.  Pretty much everything a little boy could dream of was at their fingertips!  I was so surprised at how Cooper just jumped right into everything and didn't hesitate to experience everything they had to offer.  He is usually my timid boy but he has definitely come out of his shell over these past few months.  He is really growing into a young boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment