Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Bebee"?

I have struggled a lot lately with the thought of how Cooper will feel when the new baby arrives in a couple of months. He will always be my first baby and the joy he has brought to our lives over the past 2 years will never be replaced. He is so young and I fear that he will feel as though she has come into our lives to somehow take his place..... All sad feelings aside he did something really funny today that I had to share. As I was getting into the shower this afternoon I closed the shower door and Cooper pointed at my protruding belly and said "Bebee"? in the sweetest voice I've ever heard! It was almost as if he was asking me "Is there a baby in there"? I know he doesn't understand or grasp the fact that this little girl will be taking over mommy in a few weeks but I have to think that maybe he knows somewhere deep in his ever growing mind that even though it seems like my time with him will be so limited his new role as a "big brother" will be way more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment