Monday, March 8, 2010

Cooper's 1st Trip to the Zoo!















This last weekend my brother came into town to visit. He got in late Friday night and stayed with us until late Saturday night. It was nice to see him and I know Cooper really enjoyed seeing him. He knew who he was the minute he walked in the door. He even called him by name! On Saturday morning Daniel and Matthew had plans to go over and help Clifton work on a boat we are thinking of buying. I knew that there was no way I could stay cooped up in the house one more day and so luckily my sister-in-law Amy called and asked if we might want to go to the zoo. I have been wanting to take Cooper for quite some time now and it never seems to pan out so I was in! We went with Amy, Layton, Juli, and Tanner and it was a perfect day....68 degrees and cloudy (not that I like cloudiness but it's better than the heat of the sun all day). We had such a great time and I really enjoyed seeing Cooper look at the animals and try and figure out what they all were. The highlight of the day was seeing the giraffe. Cooper has an attachment to a certain stuffed giraffe I purchased last year....what's funny is that I purchased this giraffe on a trip to see my parents because we left his stuffed horse at home. He has now forgotten all about the horse....it's all about "Gigi" as we call her. I was disappointed to see they were cleaning out the giraffe area and had them pinned up but luckily you could still see him in the back. When I finally got Cooper to see the giraffe he had a huge smile on his face and said "Gigi"? almost as if he was asking me if that huge animal could possibly be like his small stuffed one. I posted a couple of pictures in the sequence where you can tell that I'm pointing the giraffe out and then he smiles and points as well! It was hilarious and definitely made my day! I can't wait to go back when Dan can go with us and enjoy the day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment