Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cooper's 1st Day of Preschool

We had a week full of firsts last week!  Kyleigh moved to her first big girl bed, Cooper went to Preschool, and Kyleigh started her first dance class.  I visited the School for Little People a few months ago and was really impressed with everything they had to offer.  I visited a 4 year old class and boy were they advanced!  I decided that Cooper would probably drown in a class like that so I decided to get him into the 3 year old class.  I felt much better after finding out that there were other boys in his class who had just turned 4 as well.

Cooper's teacher, Mrs. Merritt, came to visit us in August and made him feel very comfortable with what was to come when he started preschool in September.  We had our first day on September 4th and so far Cooper seems to really like it.  We have only had one meltdown in 2 weeks so for anyone that knows Cooper that is pretty good!  It is definitely an adjustment for all of us to get into this new routine of waking up early and getting on the road because sadly Daddy is the only morning person in this family!






I am really looking forward to seeing Cooper grow and mature throughout this year and I can't wait to see all the new things he learns.  I really think this will be a great assessment for me to know whether or not he will be ready for kindergarten next year.  The great thing is that if he's not quite ready he can continue to go to the same school for another year and could even continue on to go to kindergarten there as well.  I know that Cooper does not adjust well to change so this is a huge bonus for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment