Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Craziest Saturday Ever!

SO, Layton's birthday party was scheduled at the Kiddie Park in San Antonio on Saturday at 10.  We all tried to get to bed at a decent hour on Friday night knowing that we would have to get up early the next day.  That wasn't too terribly hard considering we had been at Sea World the day before and we were all exhausted.

At 5:15 Saturday morning, I got a text from Amy that Layton had been sick all night and was still going so she would have to cancel the party.  We were so bummed for him because I knew he was really looking forward to it.  I was glad that I had given him his gift the night before!  I went back to sleep for a few minutes and then decided to get up.  We were all sitting around eating breakfast and drinking coffee and the phone rings.  It was Carter and he proceeded to tell us that he and Laura were at the hospital because her water broke!!!!  Baby Charlotte was breech and so they had scheduled the c-section for that next Wednesday but it looked as though she was ready to make her appearance early.  It was so hilarious how our moods went from being very somber and sad to complete excitement.

We were all running around trying to figure out what to do like crazy people.  I have to make a little funny comment about my wonderful in-laws.  They are such planners and because they were taking the motorhome to Houston they had everything planned out from the park dates to their rental car.  When everything changed I'm not sure they knew exactly what they should do...lol.  We did our very best to help them get reorganized by changing the park dates and their pick up of the rental car.  We also tried to help them get all of their stuff together quickly so they could get on the road to make that 4 hour drive.  I should also mention that during this crazy chaos, Carter called back to tell us that Charlotte Paige Hindes had been born weighing 5 lbs 6 oz and was 20 in long.  We got pictures not long after that which made for even more excitement about seeing her for the first time.

Anyone that knows me knows how much I LOVE being an aunt and would drive absolutely anywhere to welcome my newest niece or nephew.  I drove early morning to San Antonio when Molly was born and back to College Station a few hours later.  I love seeing them so fresh and new and just can't stand not to be there.  SO naturally I started talking about trying to go.  At the same time, my sister-in-law Amanda was totally thinking the same thing.  She felt like since she was home from Africa and all this was happening she just had to be there!  After convincing Daniel to let me cash in my single mom hours from the weekend before, we headed out to The Woodlands to meet the newest member of the Hindes family. Stay tuned for pictures of the record holder now for tiniest little Hindes grandbaby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment