Monday, September 5, 2011

A&M vs. SMU - 1st game of 2011






WHOOP! In case you can't tell, I couldn't be more excited that it is FINALLY football season here in Aggieland. It is really hard to describe the anticipation leading up to this blessed event every year if you aren't familiar with what it means to be an Aggie. I am so proud to call myself an Aggie and I'm so thankful that I met my amazing husband here in Aggieland! College Station will always be special to me because Daniel and I met here and the fact that we get to live here now and actually be in the middle of all the hoopla is kind of amazing!

We kind of knew in moving here that we would be running our very own, "Hotel Hindes" as we like to call it, especially during football season. We had but one guest this weekend, one of my best friends from college, Allen. It was so nice to catch up with him while he was here and as a thank you for letting him stay at our house, he invited me to go to the game because he had one extra ticket. I struggled with whether or not I should go because I hate going to the games without Daniel but he urged me to go because I might not get another opportunity and he said if the roles were reversed I would for sure be ushering him out the door so off I went.

Our seats at the game were probably some of the best I've had. I'm a bit afraid of heights so when Allen told me that our seats were in the top of the Zone, I became a bit terrified. I'm so glad that we had those seats though because otherwise I probably would've never been forced to go up there. After going to the Cotton Bowl this past winter at Cowboys Stadium, the Zone seemed like the height of a small kiddy slide. We were about 9 rows up in Section 522 and I would recommend the seats to anyone wishing to go to a game. You can see everything very well and I was able to get some great pictures even with just my small point-and-shoot Canon. We had such a great time and the game being as exciting as it was was sort of a bonus. I'm so glad that the Aggies are off to a fantastic season and I hope the momentum from this week carries into the weeks to come. I'm also looking forward to the many more guests (I'm sure) that we will be hosting very soon.......get your reservation in now before it's too late! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment