Monday, September 12, 2011

10 years ago....

I graduated from high school. I know. It's hard for me to even believe it. We had our reunion this past weekend at Double C Steakhouse in Winnsboro. Sadly, I forgot my camera in College Station so I have no pictures to document this momentous occasion. I had such a great time catching up with old friends and seeing how everyone has changed over these last 10 years. I think Daniel even had a great time! He spent most of the evening catching up with Justin Ross and hearing all about this past year he spent in Afghanistan.

It's hard to believe that 10 years has all ready passed since that wonderful time I spent at Winnsboro High School. I can honestly say that high school was some of the greatest times in my life. I was involved in everything you could possibly be involved in and I didn't really have a care in the world. I think we often take for granted how "easy" life is when you are young and even though I still feel young I know that that stage is quickly fading away. I hope that my children always remember how much fun it is to be a kid and that they never take for granted the time and friendships they have going through school. They will find out as I have that time passes by like a whirlwind and you should always stop and enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment