Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11/01.....We will never forget.

I know this blog is for my children, but I cannot let a day go by without talking about that horrific day 10 years ago. I was a freshman at A&M and was just leaving my U.S. government class (how fitting). As I walked out of the building, I noticed a funny look on students' faces. I also noticed some running around frantically. I became a bit concerned but didn't think much of it as I walked back to my dorm on the other side of campus.

When I got to my dorm room I threw my bag down and the phone rang. It was Daniel and he asked where I had been and if I knew what was going on. I said no and he immediately told me to turn my television on. Just after turning the tv on, the second plane hit the south tower. I just sat down and watched in shock and sadness. I can't even describe what that was like to watch something like that happen in real time. I have watched several shows lately that were commemorating the anniversary and they showed the footage again. It brought back so many thoughts from that day but nothing can describe the feeling I felt that day.

I remember just watching the television for the next week constantly wondering what's next? How do we respond to something like this? I remember thinking that nothing in this world will ever be the same. I also remembering immediately turning to God and asking Why? Why did you allow this to happen to so many innocent people? I know we shouldn't ask why but I couldn't help myself. I then remember just praying for all those families that lost loved ones. I can't imagine the waiting for the phone call wondering if your loved one made it out before the towers came crashing down.

I know this is a little melodramatic but I WILL NEVER FORGET. I also want my children to never forget. Never forget about those people who are watching out for us and fighting for us on a daily basis to make sure we as a country stay as safe and protected as possible. Always remember to thank those people who fight for us and to thank those family members whose loved ones are off fighting. They are all making sacrifices so that we as citizens of the United States can live in a safe and free country. I also want my children to remember that God is in control. He is in control of every single situation that happens in your life and you should always look to him for guidance and for strength. Never forget.....

No comments:

Post a Comment