Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kyleigh is 15 months!


I took Kyleigh today for her 15 month well check-up. It seems like just yesterday I was taking her for her 1 year check-up and here we are again! She is really growing well and her height is off the charts! Here are the stats:
Weight: 24.4 lbs 70%tile
Height: 33 in 98%tile

I can't believe she's almost as tall as her brother! She is beginning to walk and feel more secure with herself. She is still somewhat lazy and will usually just sit down immediately if anyone sees her walk and praises her for it....lol It's really kind of funny but I'm so ready for her to walk...she is getting to be a handful when she just lunges out from my arms telling me she wants to get down. She is still eating everything under the sun so I can't really pinpoint anything that would be her favorite. She wears mostly 18 month clothing now because of her height and in fact I bought a ton of clothes for her the other day and for all the one piece outfits I bought 24 months! That was a little difficult to swallow.

She is really just the funniest little girl and is always keeping us on our toes. She talks constantly even though you can't always understand what she says. She loves to mimic you and at least try to say what you are saying. She has the most adorable curls at the base of her neck and I don't know if I will ever be able to cut her hair! It's beginning to be a little shaggy on the side but I just can't do it. She will just have to look a little shaggy for awhile! She plays very well with her brother....for the most part. She does have a little bit of an attitude and is not afraid to stand up for herself. I think growing up with an older brother will really help her confidence and hopefully she will continue to pick up on all of his good habits rather than bad. I love that they are attached at the hip and if the other one isn't there they constantly look for them. I know that sometimes I think What the heck were we doing having our kids so close together but I always keep in mind that they are so much closer because of it. I hope that their friendship and love for one another continues into adulthood!

We just love you to pieces, Kyleigh Reese! You are really becoming a little girl and not a baby anymore which really makes Mommy sad. I love your spunky personality and can't wait to see how you grow and change over the next few months until we head back to the doctor for your 18 month check-up! That will be even harder for Mommy to deal with because you will be so close to turning 2 and that just doesn't seem possible!

We love you!
Mommy and Daddy & Big Brother Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment