Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy 5 months Kyleigh!


So, I decided that to relieve the stress of moving I would blog for awhile! I can't believe that Kyleigh is 5 months old.....next month we will be halfway to her first birthday. It doesn't seem like that much time has all ready passed us by. She is really starting to try and talk to us more and she has recently discovered her tongue and the spitting mechanism. It's so funny to watch her and I hope I catch it on video soon!

What I'm about to say may bother some and others may not care but it was my decision and so I'm happy I did it.......Kyleigh got her ears pierced! The main reason I decided to do it now is that A) she won't remember it later and B) her pediatrician does it in the office and uses numbing cream on the ears first. My mom will kill me for this one but I still remember getting my ears pierced when I was 5.

It was at a small Merle Norman studio downtown and we had it done right before my t-ball closing ceremonies. I had to go to home plate and pick up my trophy with a bright red face because I had been crying so much. I don't remember many things but that particular memory has stuck with me......sorry mom I love you :) She looks so cute with her little earrings!

On a side note....the nurse at the doctor's office thought we were there for a check-up so she went ahead and weighed Kyleigh. I couldn't believe it but she now weighs almost 16 lbs! She's gained almost 2 lbs in the last month! My little girl is growing into a little chunky monkey!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to the entry where you had your dd's ears pierced at the ped's office. Think you’re a smart mommy for piercing her ears early. Promise they’ll thank you later when the other little girls in preschool see their pretty earrings and are envious of theirs.

    When I took our dd to her 2 mos appt and shots, her pediatrician asked me if we were getting her ears pierced…I was thinking maybe around 2 or 3. She then told me that the best time is now or when she is out of the toddler/preschool stage. She said that little toddlers and preschoolers come in with infections because they constantly play with them and it is harder for them to sit still to let the parents clean the ears.

    Admittedly, I hadn’t even thought about it so I called dh who said if the ped recommended it, then it was fine to go ahead.

    Subconsciously, I secretly knew I wanted her ears pierced, but didn’t think dh would want it done so young. Also, I had been admiring some of the babies and cute little girls in the ped’s waiting room with little earrings and wondered how Sandi would look with them. In a spur of the moment decision, I told the ped’s nurse I wanted to have her ears pierced today! She gave us some tips for "Care of Newly Pierced Ears." They do lots of infants so they actually had a sheet for moms ready.

    So….we decided to do it at 2 months. She cried when we got them done, but as soon as I stood up with her, she stopped! Sandi is even more adorable with little earrings in her cute little ears! Our dd is now 4 and loves her earrings.

    Am having a second dd soon and plan to pierce her ears at 4-6 wks. I think little babies with pierced earrings celebrates their femininity and femaleness. After all, they are little girls, right?

    If any moms would like our ped’s tips, write me an e-mail.

    Amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete