Friday, October 8, 2010

The New House!

Front of the House

One view of my "movie star" closet

another view (I should mention that I have to share :( )

Master bath vanity

Breakfast room

Living room

Kitchen

Backyard

So, I mentioned a few weeks ago that we are moving to College Station. We now have an official closing date on our new house there....October 27! It's coming up really quickly and although I'm really excited it's also very bittersweet. Just today I was looking at my nephew, Layton, and couldn't believe how much he's grown in the past year....it seems like yesterday he was this tiny person coming to my house 2 days a week. He couldn't talk, walk, or barely even hold his head up. Now he's more than holding his head up, walking or should I say running, and talking 100 words a minute it seems like. He's got such a little personality and it's been so neat to be close and watch him grow up. It made me realize how much we're going to miss after we move....ok before I start the waterworks let me talk about the new house!

We found this house on one of our very first searches that we did online. It's a new house built about a year ago but never lived in. We fell in love with the look of the house and really thought our style would fit right in. When we got to see the house in person, we fell in love even more! We were going back and forth between that house and another one that seemed so far out of reach until they dropped the price. When we saw that house it seemed like our dream house but when we went back to take a second look we realized that the house had some major sheet rock problems and we were afraid of what else might be lurking around the corner if those problems were all ready showing up after only 2 years. SO, we went back to the other house and voila! I should also mention that our house was built by my old accounting professor from Blinn! Such a small world......it was great seeing him again and telling him how I was his former student from...ouch....9 years ago! Man am I getting old.....I'm pretty sure he went back and looked me up to see if I made good grades.....lol. Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment