Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Update on Cooper

Cooper has now been in "school" for a month and I could not be happier with the way things are going.  I have to brag a bit on my boy and say that we quit the sippy cup this week cold turkey!  I got lots of encouragement from his teacher to go ahead and try it and I have been pleasantly surprised.....BUT I should also say when I started it he threw one of the worst fits I've probably ever seen.  He is so adamant about keeping things the same way ALL.OF.THE.TIME.  SO I knew that something like this was going to take some major adjusting to but he has done awesome!

They are also working on letters, numbers, colors, and cutting with scissors right now.  They have done some really cool things with each letter and I think Cooper is really enjoying all the fun activities.  A couple of weeks ago the color of the week was red and so the College Station Fire Department brought over a couple of fire trucks and an ambulance for the kids to see.  They talked about fire safety and then let the kids look inside the truck and gave them all hats and Jr. Fireman badges.  Needless to say, I think that has definitely been the highlight of school for Coop because he continually asks me every day when I take him to school if the fire trucks will be there....lol.  He has also decided that this year he wants to be a fireman for Halloween.....better get on that shouldn't I?

I cannot say enough good things about Cooper's school and also his teacher, Mrs. Merritt.  She is absolutely fantastic and I know that God put her with Cooper for a reason.  She is so patient with him and is really encouraging and challenging him to learn and experience new things.  She also told me that when no one else would help them plant their beans in the cups that Cooper was more than willing to help she and her assistant, Ms. Yadira.  I am so very proud of him and can't wait to see what the rest of the school year holds!

1 comment:

  1. How funny Layton wants to be a fireman this year too maybe they talked about it lol. We found a really cute fireman costume at Costco for him. Now I'm just looking for some fireman rain boots because he needs some new ones anyways :) Hope to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete