Monday, July 2, 2012

Cooper is 4!

4 years have all ready passed since our sweet boy entered this world and made us parents for the first time.  It seems like so long ago yet other times it seems like yesterday.  He has become quite a young man as of late and is really beginning to show some maturity (most of the time).  I took him in for his check-up a couple of weeks ago and here are his stats:

                                                              41" tall  - somewhere in the 70th percentile
                                                              38 lbs - also somewhere in the 70th percentile


He is growing very nicely according to the doctor, but we are a bit concerned about his fine motor skills.  He will be attending preschool in the fall and so I'm hoping that those skills will be used and developed a little more otherwise we may have to look into seeing an occupational therapist.  He is such a creative and imaginative little boy and some days I just don't know what I'm going to do because he will use everything in sight to build trucks of every kind and he makes it a little difficult to even move around in the house because there is something built in every corner.  He is talking more and more clearly each day and is really becoming quite the boss with his little sister.  I have to get on to him sometimes because he tries to discipline her instead of letting me handle the situation.  He is definitely the typical big brother and loves nothing more than to see her get in trouble.

Cooper, your Daddy and I love you so very much!  Our family would not be complete without you in it!  We look forward to seeing you mature and grow into a young man and to see how God continues to work in your little life.  I can't wait to see all the things you learn and do this next year in preschool and how you prepare for your upcoming years in school!  I can't believe I'm even saying that but before we know it you will be in school and my days of enjoying your creativity at home during each day will come to an end.  Happy 4th birthday my sweet boy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment