Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 6: Cozumel, Mexico







Cozumel is like the token place for cruise ships. I have been to Cozumel on almost every cruise I've been on. BUT, I actually love it and it's one of my favorite places to go. The shopping is AH-mazing and we love LOVE to eat fabulous mexican food at Panchos Backyard. We decided that we wouldn't book an excursion in Cozumel because we had made our minds up that we wanted to go to the beach and then go eat. Almost every night on the ship, there was a country band, The Mickey Utley Band, that played in a bar on the top of the ship. They appropriately named it "The Country Bar in the Sky" or something like that. We loved their music and went to hear them every night. We kind of became their groupies and every night they would play their new single, Cry Like Memphis, and dedicate it to us...lol. It was such a great song and I really hope he is on his way to making it big! Point to saying all that is this.....We got to know them pretty well and so they suggested we go to San Francisco Beach Club in Cozumel. They had been there several times so we trusted their suggestion.

I'm glad we did because we had an amazing time and the people there were awesome. Because this was becoming the "adventurous" vacation we decided to do one last hurrah and go parasailing. It's something I've always wanted to do but never had the guts to go through with it because well I'm afraid of heights! Amy convinced me I had to do it so I agreed once Daniel said he would do it with me. Chad and Kellie decided to do it as well because neither one of them had done it either. I'm glad I did it because it was beautiful and there's no better way to see the gorgeous blue and turquoise water than from the air. BUT I will NEVER do it again!!! I was so scared and they all thought it was hilarious so when they were wheeling us back in to the boat Chad thought it would be funny to tell the guy to dip us in the water. I on the other hand did not find it as funny.....

After we finally made it back to shore, we caught a cab over to Panchos Backyard where we enjoyed some wonderful mexican food and delicious margaritas. After lunch, we caught a cab back over to the port where we finished up our day with some shopping before getting back on the ship. It was such a great day and we all decided we should do a vacation someday just in Cozumel!


No comments:

Post a Comment