Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 4: Roatan, Honduras












Roatan was our first stop on the cruise and Amy had booked us a driver for the day who took us ziplining in the jungle, sightseeing, to a beautiful beach, shopping, and then back to the ship at the end of the day. I must say that I was more than nervous about the ziplining. The older I get the more afraid I have become of heights but I knew that this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I agreed to brave it! I am so glad that I did.....it was AH-mazing! You are so SO high up and can see so much and it's strange to say but it's almost peaceful as you are gliding through the air on these cable lines. The real trick I found out was stopping yourself so you wouldn't run over the men trying to help you get from cable to cable. I figured that out on the second run because I pretty much clobbered the guy.....he laughed thank goodness.

We went from ziplining to a beach club called Las Rocas. The people there were so nice and we ended up having lunch there as well. We enjoyed just lounging and walking the beach to see what we could find. We also decided to have a little photo shoot...ha. After enjoying the beach for a few hours, our driver Lincon took us way up on top of this mountain that overlooked almost all of Roatan. It was beautiful up there and we were able to see this amazing private island where he told us the mayor lived. He also told us there was a zoo on the island! After taking a few pictures of the beautiful scenery, we headed back towards the ship. We stopped off at a few little shops and I was able to find Kyleigh the cutest little mexican dress that she can wear next summer. I was even able to negotiate the price down to almost 1/2 what was marked! I love being able to make deals.....only in foreign countries are you able to do that!

Stay tuned for Day 5: Belize City, Belize......

No comments:

Post a Comment